If you are experiencing issues with a 3D-Fuel product, we want to help! We are typically available between 9am and 4pm via the livechat on our website and phone number. But sometimes you need help outside of those hours, or we may be out and unavailable. Here’s how to get a running start on assistance with a possible defective product:
- First, we need to know some information about the spool in question. Find the label on the spool and start an email to us at email@example.com and include the Lot# from the spool. It will look something like 11-A1501-U201-2211. This number tells us what product it is you are using, when it was made, and even which line it was made on and which production operator worked on it.
- We’ll want to know which printer you are using. Our filament should work on virtually any 3D printer when using the correct filament diameter but occasionally some models have exhibited personality traits that can sometimes help us diagnose and solve the issues you are having more quickly. So please include the Brand, Model and any upgrades you’ve made to it.
- Next, we’ll want to know about some of your printer/slicer settings. Please include the hotend temperature you are using, as well as the buildplate temperature (if any) and the speed you are trying to print. This will look like 205°C / 45°C / 55mm/s when you write it all out. This helps us know if the settings are in the range for this filament type.
- We’ll need to know when and where you bought the filament. To you, this won’t matter. If you bought our filament, we warranty it. But to us, it helps us know how the product made its way to you - we track any purchases made through us or our Amazon store. Please include the date and invoice or receipt number for your purchase of this filament.
- If we cannot solve your problem, we may determine that the filament is defective. If so, we’ll want to send you a replacement or a coupon code. Please include your full name and address, phone number and email address so that we can do this for you.
- If there are any oddities that you have noticed, or you need to “show” us anything, PLEASE take photos and include those in the email. We pass these on to the production team so they can see for themselves any issue that got past them.
We have a policy of continuous improvement here at 3D-Fuel and we take every issue seriously and respond kindly to any issue you may have. We WANT to know about issues so they can be addressed and eliminated in the future.
When you have all that information ready, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.